Smart security cameras are either indoor or outdoor cameras that can be controlled via your smart device. You can learn more information on the specific features of these smart cameras, by reading our blog post Smart Home Spotlight: Security Cameras.
A smart security system operates in much the same way as any traditional security system with the added benefit that it can be viewed and controlled via your smart device.
This smart lock is installed into your door and allows the door to be opened with a code or via your smart device.
A video doorbell allows you to see when visitors arrive, packages are delivered or anyone comes onto your property. You can answer your doorbell no matter where in the world you are via your smart device and therefore the person ringing the doorbell doesn’t know if you are home or not.
The smart thermostat allows you to control the temperature of your home via your smart device. While you may not think of this as falling under the security category, this does watch over your home, business or property. If the temperature in your home falls below or goes above a certain number, you will be alerted. This allows you to have peace of mind whether you are away on vacation or at work for the day.
Smoke & CO Detectors
Smart smoke detectors function in much the same way as any traditional smoke alarm, however, they can also be viewed and controlled via your smart device. This allows you to check the batteries and test the alarms via the app so you never have to worry about checking the alarms themselves. In addition, if the alarms detect smoke or carbon monoxide you will also be alerted via your phone so if you are at work or on vacation, you will know if there is a problem at home. For more details on the specific features of smart smoke detectors, you can read our blog post Smart Home Spotlight: Smoke Detectors.
The Connected Home
One of the great things about smart home technology is that you can choose to only have one or two products or you can choose to have everything. And the more products you add the more they can work together to give you the connected home. Here is just one example.
You are at work and you get a notification on your phone that the smoke detector in your kitchen has detected smoke. You pull up your camera and see that there is in fact a fire. While you were checking on that, your thermostat has already shut down your furnace because smoke was detected. You call 911 and tell them exactly where the fire is and that you have already unlocked the front door for them so they have quick and easy access. The camera on the doorbell alerts you to their arrival. In this case, without the smart home devices, it is likely that a neighbor or passerby would have eventually called 911 once they saw the fire but it is also likely that the damage by that time would have been much more severe.
Why choose In The Lite for your smart home needs?
As the smart home industry has increased in popularity, so have the number of people who install them. But we believe we are a cut above. When you work with In The Lite to make your smart home dreams a reality, this is what you will receive:
- Our Home Automation Specialist will work with you throughout the entire process from concept to finished product so everything is exactly how you want it.
- A licensed electrician will install the devices. We won’t just sell you a product but we will make sure it is compatible with the wiring and current setup in your home. This ensures that everything in your home is up to code and that all smart devices are safely installed.
- Once the project is complete, we don’t forget about you! Our Home Automation Specialist will go over everything with you upon installation but we will also check back in with you to make sure everything is running smoothly.
- In The Lite is a certified pro with many of the companies whose smart home products we sell. This means we have additional training and are certified to be installing these products.
- We offer a free consultation either in person or over the phone to discuss your project.
For more information or to schedule your free consultation, please contact Brittney, our Home Automation Specialist, at 715-470-0272 or email@example.com.