What are automated shades?
Automated shades are either battery-powered or hard-wired and are controlled by a remote, via an app on your smart device, set on a schedule via a time clock function or voice controlled by your Google or Alexa assistant.
What are some of the features?
Automated shades are convenient but they also provide a wide variety of benefits including temperature & light management, energy savings and visual appeal. They are low maintenance, kid & pet friendly and simple to operate. For more details on each of these features, read out blog post Smart Home Spotlight: Shades.
Where can I install these?
These can be installed in new construction or existing homes or businesses. If it is new construction, they can be hard-wired and if not then they are battery-powered. The typical battery life is 3 to 5 years. These shades work on most size windows and patio doors and can be inside or outside mount.
Why choose ITL Smart Home?
As the smart home industry has increased in popularity, so have the number of people who install them. But we believe we are a cut above. When you work with ITL Smart Home, this is what you will receive:
- Our Home Automation Specialist will work with you throughout the entire process from concept to finished product so everything is exactly how you want it.
- A licensed electrician will install the devices. We won’t just sell you a product but we will make sure it is compatible with the wiring and current setup in your home. This ensures that everything in your home is up to code and that all smart devices are safely installed.
- Once the project is complete, we don’t forget about you! Our Home Automation Specialist will go over everything with you upon installation but we will also check back in with you to make sure everything is running smoothly.
- ITL Smart Home is a certified pro with many of the companies whose smart home products we sell. This means we have additional training and are certified to be installing these products. In addition, we can offer an extended warranty on most products.
- We offer a free consultation either in person or over the phone to discuss your project.